Grilled Asparagus and Squash
Total Time: about 20 minutes
In addition to a very clean gas grill and a supply of fuel, here’s what you’ll need for two servings:
1 summer squash
1/2 pound medium-size asparagus spears
1 cup zesty Italian dressing
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
Coarse kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the woody ends off of the asparagus and place the asparagus in a shallow dish. Trim the ends from the zucchini and summer squash; slice lengthwise into 3/8-inch slices.
- Add the Italian dressing and toss to coat. Allow the vegetables to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high direct grilling. Lightly oil the grill grates or spray them with cooking spray.
- Grill the vegetables for three minutes, turn and cook another two to three minutes or until tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and season with crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Heat scale: medium