This Southwestern caesar salad with chipotle dressing may sound strange, but it tastes wonderful.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon minced drained canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 fresh red jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 to 2 drops Insanity Sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup fresh or drained canned corn kernels
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, water, soy sauce, lemon juice and zest, chipotle chiles, jalapeño, Insanity Sauce, and brown sugar. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
Toss together the romaine, tomatoes, corn, 2 tablespoons of the cheese, and the salad dressing. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the tossed salad and serve.