Here's a simple dessert that's full of raisiny ancho chile flavor.
- 4 ounces semiswet baking chocolate
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ancho chile powder
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup sifted confectioners&rquo; powder
- Semisweet chocolate curls for garnish
Combine the chocolates, Grand Marnier, and ancho powder in a heavy saucepan, and cook over low heat until the chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, and cool until lukewarm.
Beat the whipping cream and add the confectioners' sugar, until soft peaks form.
Gently fold about one quarter of the whipped cream into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whipped cream. Spoon the mousse into individual serving dishes, and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with semisweet chocolate swirls.