This recipe and others can be found in the following article:
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Durban Masala or red curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (for fiery hot samoosas)
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
While you are making the filling, defrost the pastry sheets. In a heavy pan, heat the oil. When hot add the onion and garlic and stir until golden brown. Add the curry powder and combine. Now add the ground beef and cook until the beef is brown. Add the frozen vegetables and the beef bouillon, cover and cook for thirty minutes. Now add the flour mixed well with the cold water and stir until the mix returns to a boil. Chill for thirty minutes for easy handling.
Cut each sheet into equal parts of three down and three across. This should make nine samoosas per sheet. Spoon a teaspoonful of the chilled curry mixture into the middle of each square and fold over to make a triangle. Pinch closed with fingers or a fork.
Bake in a 350°F oven to 30 minutes or until golden brown.