These spicy sausages are usually grilled and eaten alongside couscous.
- 3 pounds lean lamb, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Natural or vegetable casings
Grind the lamb once through the medium (1/8-inch) plate of a meat grinder.
In a large bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients and add the meat, using your fingers to combine.
Attach the stuffing horn to your grinder and prepare the casings. Grind the mixture through the 1/8-inch plate again, through the stuffing horn and into the casings. Twist and tie the sausages into 5-inch lengths.