Miang Khum(Spinach Leaf Wraps W/ Satay Roasted Coconut
Foo Swasdee, a restaurant owner and sauce manufacturer in Austin, Texas, offers a unique and very flavorful appetizer that should be made a few hours before your party or dinner.
- 30 single spinach leaves, fresh, cleaned and dried
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lime, whole, fresh, diced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup peanuts, fresh roasted
- 1/2 tablespoon Thai chile pepper, fresh, diced
- 4 ounces Satay Thai Roasted Coconut Salsa
Place the spinach leaves flat on a serving platter.
Place 2-3 peanuts, one teaspoon of toasted coconut and a few pieces of all other fresh ingredients in the center of each spinach leaf.
To serve, add 1/2 teaspoon of Satay Thai Roasted Coconut Salsa on top of each spinach leaf; roll the leaf into a ball and eat the whole topped leaf in one bite. This results in an explosion of delicious varied flavors and textures.