This low-fat, high-flavor recipe is based on one provided by the National Pork Producers Council. By using a commercial salsa, this simple-to-prepare chili can be ready to serve in about a half an hour.
- ½ pound boneless pork loin, or two boneless pork chops, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 16-ounce can navy beans, drained
- 1 16-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup chipotle-based salsa
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley
In a 4-quart saucepan, sauté the pork and onion in the oil over medium-high heat until the onions are soft and the pork is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Stir in all remaining ingredients except the parsley, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Serve each portion garnished with some chopped parsley.