- 2 each jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 each small white onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 4 1 1/2 lb steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick
- Combine the peppers, salt, onions, garlic, lime juice, wine, oregano, bay leaf, black pepper, and the parsley, in a bowl in a blender or food processor, and process with 2-3 pulses to get a salsa-like texture. The amount will be approximately 1 cup. Cover and keep at room temperature until ready to use.
- Brush both sides of the steaks with the olive oil; spray the grill with non-stick cooking spray, then place the sprayed grill on pre-heated barbecue.
- Place the steaks on the grill over direct heat, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side, to an internal temperature of 145˚F for medium-rare.
- Remove the steaks and place on a heated platter, cover with foil, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve the steaks with the room temperature salsa.
Share this Recipe