This pan-African soup is both cold and hot at the same time. The chiles add the heat, and it is very refreshing in hot weather. The chiles help to cool down the body. Serve it as a first course with fresh bread.
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 5 cups defatted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3 serrano or jalapeño chiles, seeds and stems removed, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced scallions or chives
Mash the avocados in a large bowl, add the stock, lime juice, salt, pepper, and chiles and mash until the mixture is semi smooth. If you like a velvet texture, place the mixture in a blender or food processor and puree. Chill the soup for several hours.
Garnish the soup with the scallions or chives.
Heat Scale: Medium