This dish from Ghana is delicious and easy to make. The hot chilies are countered by the tomatoes and the crab. Serve this dish with hot, cooked rice.
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 to 4 hot chiles, such as serrano or jalapeno seeds and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound cooked crab meat, flaked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 freshly ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup tomato or canned V 8 juice
- * Garnish: minced parsley
Place the onion, chiles and the oil in a food processor or blender and mince finely. Heat a deep skillet, and the minced mixture, and saute for 1 minute.
Add the chopped tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes are soft; then, add the crab meat, salt white pepper, and tomato juice and simmer for 15 minutes, covered.
Garnish with minced parsley.