Green Mustard Slaw with Red Plum Vinaigrette
Flynt Payne, Executive Chef at the Inn of the Anasazi in Santa Fe, New Mexico, offers a unique side dish recipe which combines unusual flavors with fabulous results. The vinaigrette can be made in advance.
Green Mustard Slaw
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced into rings
- ½ cup cilantro, whole leaves
- 4 cups mustard greens, thinly sliced
Red Plum Vinaigrette (to toss with slaw)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 ounce rice wine vinegar
Combine all of the slaw ingredients well, and toss with the Red Plum Vinaigrette. Divide the slaw evenly onto four salad plates.
Place the pitted plums and orange juice in a blender and puree well. Remove the mixture to a mixing bowl. Add the minced shallots, garlic, honey, vinegar, finely chopped sage, oil, and salt. Combine and taste for correct seasoning and set aside.