This basic recipe can be used for a variety of vegetables, including corn, green beans, carrots, or eggplant. You can even try a different salsa for a new taste.
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 large onion, cut in slivers
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
• 2 small zucchini squash, julienned
• 2 small yellow squash, julienned
• 1 cup tomato-based salsa
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the onion, garlic, and bell pepper for 2 minutes to soften. Add the squashes and continue to cook over a medium-high heat until the squash is tender.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.