- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 6 cups turkey broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups half and half heated
- 1 1/2 cups turkey meat cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 cups button mushrooms cooked and chopped
- habanero hot sauce to taste
- In a saucepan, saute the carrot, onion, and celery in the butter until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the broth gradually, stirring until slightly thickened and smooth. Add the bay leaf, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, then remove the leaf.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Share this Recipe